Saturday, July 5, 2008

Laundry in the bath tub?

So, some of you might wonder how Dennis manages to travel for 20 days around the globe
with nothing more than a briefcase type carry on. That is because he was afraid his luggage
would get lost and since he didn't stay more than a couple of days in some of the remote areas
it might have been more of an inconvenience than the life he opted for....read on:

<<
Daughter:
Too funny! It sounds like you are so comfortable traveling the world and washing your clothes
in a bath tub... I am so curious how you do it!

Dad/Dennis:
haha!It's easy... I just place everything in the sink as soon as I get up, add water and add whatever
body gel the hotel provides... swish-swish-swish and let it sit while I take a shower.
I get out, scrub again and rinse, ring "dry" and hang...
I have two shirts, two pants (from REI of course) etc... So that makes a wash session every day and
in the morning they are dry... almost... haha. >>

So if you have never been to HongKong or plan on being there for the Olympics, here is was might await
you while in the airport:
<<
Dennis:
I am in the Singapore Airport and sitting in the Singapore Airlines Lounge. There are desk tables to
hook up to internet and power, lots of lounge chairs, magazines, newspapers, food, drink and about
five 150 gallon fish tanks with tropical fish swimming around inside "looking for love in all the wrong places"...
Sorry, that just popped into my brain along with the musical refrain that it belongs to. >>

I'd say that sounds so "Glamorous". As for me,I am still rummaging through boxes of memories
and ooohing and aahing over Little baby outfits or reminiscing about the mile run the girls ran
as toddlers in Atlanta and Colorado springs when I ran across their old yellow race jersey....
(If you don't understand, go back to the last post).
If you are wondering where the pictures are , well, Dennis left without a camera so I guess we'll have
to wait for the next trip.....

No comments: