
Ya! I think I was a little too quick when I said "unleaky roof" in my last post! (go back and read if you need to)
This morning, after a night of relentless rain ending with a tremendous "kaboom" from a thunder loud enough to be heard 4 states away... for sure all the way to the democratic convention (not that they would listen...), I walk into my kitchen only to....yes, you guessed it!...a leak! A roof leak that is. Well, I think it is coming down from a vent spout and should not be too hard to fix!
Something fun I did for myself this morning too: I opened up my new literary aquisition I recently purchased (on line)from Deseret Books ,"The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen". I bought it on a girly weem after reading the comments about the book on the publisher's website. The package was patiently waiting for me at my bedroom door when I came home from my trip 2 nights ago.
Let me tell you....I am so excited to have this book with me tomorrow as I get on the plane to visit more grandchildren. I don't think I will notice the flight. It was hard to tear myself away from it this morning. I had never read any of her works and truly didn't know who she was but already I am in love with her writings.....I'll have to expand on this subject when I am done devouring this book.... I already plan on reading more of her writings after this....Also I will tell you about the fascinating way these memoirs were found, only recently, after so many years...truly amazing.
Stay tuned...
2 comments:
Yay! I am so excited you are blogging more mom! I can't wait to read more of your thoughts on the book.It sounds so cool!!! I also hope you can get copies of pics from your visits with Grandchildren so you can post some up!!! Have a fun trip and know we miss you.
Love ya!
Yay! You posted something new! I bet that book is awesome, can't wait to hear more about it!
Post a Comment